The car CD player helps you to enjoy songs when you are driving. After using for a long time, dust enters into the player. Thus being accumulated inside, dust interrupts the songs. Thus the player sometimes skips song or jump to another song before finishing one. As a result, your concentration becomes interrupted and you can’t focus on driving. To get rid of this problem, you’ll have to clean the CD player.
Cleaning a car CD player is complex. The conventional CD players are easy to clean because those can easily be opened. But it is not easy to take out and open car CD player. As a result, you’ll find it tough to clean it.
So, what to do? Here I am going to share a trick to clean the CD player lens of your car. You’ll find it easy. Let’s start.
Cleaning a Car CD Player
In order to clean the lens of your car CD player, at first, you have to make a Lens Cleaner CD Player. This is basically a DIY tool that helps you to perform the task of cleaning the lens of the CD player in your car. It can be made with a few instruments- a clean blank CD, a piece of cleaning cloth cut into strips and a strong glue.
Let’s go step by step now.
1. At the first step, make sure that you have collected the blank CD, a piece of cleaning cloth and strong industrial glue. Take a scissor and cut the cloth into a few strips. The length of the strips will be the distance between the outside of the center hole and the edge of the CD. The preferred width is ¼ inch.
2. When the strips are ready, keep those nearby because you’ll need those quickly. Take the blank CD and clean both sides of it with the help of a soft and clean piece of cloth.
3. Now take the glue and make a straight thin line of glue on a side of the CD- starting from the outside of the hole to the edge of the CD.
4. Take a strip of cleaning cloth and fold it lengthwise. Then place it on the glue. Thus 1/8 inch part of the width of the cloth will be glued and remaining 1/8 inch will be unglued. This unglued part will clean the lens.
5. Similarly, attach another piece of the strip of cleaning cloth on the same side of the CD. Keep 1/8 inch free and 1/8 inch glued.
6. These two is enough. If you use more for a better result, the result might get worst. Now, wait until the glue and cloth become dried properly.
7. You may think of using cotton balls instead of cloth. Don’t do that. Cotton balls will leave small piece inside the CD player. As a result, instead of cleaning, the cleaning CD will work as the source of problem.
8. When the glue and cloth become dry. Your Lens Cleaner CD Player is ready to be used.
9. Bring the CD tray out. Clean it with air blower can or something else.
10. Keep the Lens Cleaner CD on the tray and play it usually the similar way you play other CD players. Keep the strips upside.
11. After 1-2 seconds of playing, the player will eject the CD. Put it back in and play it again. It will again eject the CD after 1-2 seconds. Put it back again and play. Continue it for 6-7 times. After that, play a normal CD and check if it plays smooth or not.
12. If the player skips, which means it is not cleaned yet, perform the whole process again. Hopefully, now it will be alright.
So, this is the process of making a Lens Cleaner CD player and using it. It is fun to make one and get the CD player clean. After using, clean the strips of the cleaning cloth for next use.
1. This DIY CD cleaner may not work for all types of CD players. The CD might be too bulky to reach for the 1/8 inch part of the cloth. Similarly, it might not be so bulky that the CD with the cloth can spin properly.
2. If you find the cleaning CD clogged inside the CD player, quickly remove it. Don’t use it again. But you might try again keeping the height of the strip less than 1/8 inch. Do it at your own risk. It might get stuck again and create a mechanical problem. If this happens, your CD player is not structured for this cleaning method.
3. Don’t be excited and put it inside the player before the glue dries up. The strip might be stuck in permanently.
4. If you want, you can use a little Lens Cleaning Water on both of the strips. But don’t use much.
5. If it works properly, you can use it once in a month. This will keep the player dust free for a long time. Thus it will ensure an exciting music experience.
6. Make sure the lens cleaning cloth is clean. Otherwise, instead of cleaning, it will leave dirt inside the CD player.
7. Make sure that the glue is strong. If it is not, the cloth might be stuck inside the player. If this happens, you’ll have to change the whole CD player which is costly. So, you’d better check the quality of the glue before use.
8. At the time of gluing the strips, make sure that the unglued portion is not more than 1/8 inch. Long portion will increase the possibility of the cleaning CD being clogged inside.
This easy method of cleaning CD player lens to enjoy smooth music will help you to clean your car CD player. If you find it tough, you can go to a mechanic to clean it. But I love DIY works. Like me, if you don’t prefer to go to the mechanic for this small reason, you can try it. I hope you’ll love it.